Senior Highlight: Abby Swafford

Q: How has your senior year gone so far?

“I chose kind of a hard route as far as classes go for my senior year, and I think it’s just been really sad because I love KCC a lot so it’s really hard to think about letting go and having to move on, because I’m really close with a lot of my teachers and it’s weird that I won’t get to see them everyday next year.”

Q: What are you planning on doing after high school?

“I’m planning on attending either Kansas State, Mizzou, or Baylor and I’m trying to decide between pursuing a degree in fashion design or psychology.”

Q: What would be your dream job?

“I haven’t fully decided yet, I’m interested in fashion, but I also really love ministry and psychology, so I could see myself being a therapist, or I could also see myself being a fashion designer. I’m still looking for a job that incorporates both.”

Q: What are you most looking forward to in college?

“I’m looking forward to becoming a part of a really strong community. I’ve had a really good experience of community at KCC, and I’m looking forward to finding that other community that I love just as much as KCC and being able to pour into it and invest in that.”

Q: What is something unique about you that you have kept consistent throughout your high school career?

“I’ve always participated in Secret Santa. We’ve had a secret santa every year.”

Q: What is your favorite thing about KCC?

“Definitely the small community that is so unique to this school. I love the rundown, kind of,  building that we have and I really love the community [is built] around it, and all the teachers and students, that we get to make relationships with everyone we meet. We aren’t confined to a group of friends.”

Q: Do you have any advice for the underclassmen that you wish you would have heard of when you were their age?

“My advice would be to get involved in high school and not just let it waste away, because it’s going to go by really fast. Also, be friends and meet as many different people as you can and it will make you more wholesome and just a better person.”