The student news site of Kansas City Christian School

My top 3 celebrity conspiracy theories

Hannah Breth, Staff Writer

If you love conspiracy theories, then you’ve probably heard at least one of these. But, if you’ve never heard a conspiracy theory before, or if you live under a rock… Here are my three favorite celebrity conspiracy theories!

1. Jay Minaj

This one is going to seem a little bit out there, but the basis of the theory states that Nicki Minaj and Jay Z are the same person. The song “Super Bass” by Nicki Minaj is the most convincing aspect of the theory. When slowed down, Nicki Minaj doesn’t even sound like herself anymore. You definitely need to hear it to believe it, but slowed down Nicki Minaj sounds EXACTLY like Jay Z. Another big indicator of the validity of this is listening to any of Jay Z’s song sped up. I promise you it is the creepiest thing you’ll ever hear. Go listen now!

1.  Avril Lavigne is DEAD

Out of all the conspiracy theories I’ve heard, this is the one I most certainly believe. This theory was developed by a twitter user who discovered some information about Avril Lavigne’s management and then further interpreted the situation. The basis of this one is that in 2007 Avril Lavigne hired a girl named Melissa to walk around as Avril so that she could escape for the weekend. Many people believe that Avril just wanted a relaxing weekend away from the press, and discovered the freedom she could have if someone took over her persona. The theory then evolved from this and becomes a bit darker. It is believed that Avril Lavigne died in 2007 and her management team then hired Melissa to take over as Avril Lavigne. Many people support this theory because there isn’t necessarily a way to disprove that Avril died. Other evidence for this theory is the change seen in Avril’s music style, appearance, and style after her alleged death. So RIP Avril Lavigne – and Melissa, you’re doing great sweetie.

1. Lorde, AKA Could Be Your Mom

This last conspiracy theory is my newest infatuation. This is the theory that Lorde is not actually 20 years old, but is a 40-something-year-old woman. This sounds a little absurd at first, but stick with me. The first piece of evidence is just the way that she looks; when she first came out with her song, “Royals” everyone believed that she was much older than she actually was. People have been skeptical of the singers age for years because of both her talent and her mature face. Another  piece of evidence is a sketchy looking birth certificate floating around on the web. Though this theory could easily be disproved, it definitely makes a lot of sense.

All of these theories are a little bit out there, but believing in conspiracy theories isn’t about the validity. It’s more about the excitement and mystery of believing something so absurd. I would definitely recommend doing your own research and finding other conspiracies because there are some pretty crazy ones out there!